It has been 5 years since........


How time flies!

Hi friends, how have you all been? It's been 5 years since I posted something on my blog. The last post was dated April 4 (2010) and in few days, the date will again be April 4 (2015)! Phew!! Now, what brings me back here? Well, it's only because of my friend, Shweta Pal, who recently started her new fashion blog which is really awesome and as I read her posts, it reminded me of my blog & also the time when I used to share my random thoughts here. I must say, I really admire Shweta, because she has a knack for all this. She is really good at it and I appreciate her for devoting her time in reading and writing such interesting stuffs, which is pretty cool!

My mother & my sister also have good articulation skills. They have a flair for writing. You can say, it kind of comes naturally to them. I, on the other hand, am not so expressive. I am neither quite fond of writing per se but I very much like this concept of blogging, as you can share your thoughts about just any random thing with the whole wide world. So, here I am with another attempt to share my thoughts and I hope I do a decent job!

When I look back at the journey of the last few years, it brings back a smile on my face. There have been a lot of changes and I have grown as a person (at least I feel so :P ). I say this also because, as I look at my older posts, I realize they are quite childish.
So, now let me share the 5 important events of my life, in these 5 years!


1. My Mom completing her B.Ed-  If I have to give an example of a Super Woman, then the very first name that comes to my mind, is of my Mom! Yes, my mom has super powers I believe because she can handle multiple tasks and finish them in a snap of fingers. Or I would say, she is just like a Fairy Godmother who by waving her magic wand, makes everything seem all right. She is my guide, my teacher, my friend. At the age of 50, she decided to study and pursue B.Ed. At first, she had several apprehensions but as she has inculcated in us that determination and efforts can always make you achieve whatever you want, in the same way, with all her efforts she also achieved her goals. She finally cleared her B.Ed with all A grades and 90% marks. We all were so proud of her  :)

2. Graduation- Doing B.com was not my first choice. I had different plans but I was very much confused. I had secured good marks in my class 12th exams and just like many of my classmates, I too aspired to join a college under Delhi University (DU). But, at home, DU was a strict no no! Then I decided to appear for CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) , but luck did not favor & I could not appear for the paper that year. Finally, when all other options were closed, I decided to do B.COM and joined my College. After all these years, I  seriously feel that whatever happens, happens for good. I got a lot of exposure at my college. I grew at an individual level. It was indeed a great experience and even academically I performed very well there. So, ultimately, its up to you how you make use of the given opportunity and in the end, the college does not matter but only the learning does!

3. Sister's Wedding- Having an elder sister, is like the greatest gift of God! My sister's attitude and spirit is something which I have always admired. She is my role model and  I always wanted a perfect match for her. I, as a younger sibling, was most excited about her wedding and of course, about the new addition into the family. Talking about my family, we are a small nuclear family of 4 members and I have the best parents in the world who always support us and love us unconditionally.My sister's wedding was a very big event for all of us.We now have a new member in our family and I'm  thankful to God that I have such a nice brother -in-law. They both are like my new set of parents, taking care of me as their own  baby. How lucky I am :)

4. NIBM-  This is one of the most important milestones in my life. Getting admission into this college was like a dream come true. This was the first time when I was coming far away from my hometown to stay in a new world. But, I seriously fell in love with this new world of mine. Ofcourse I missed mamma-papa and my home. But, NIBM is like home away from home. Also, I'm so lucky that my family, cousins and relatives (all my dadas and boudis) are here in the same city, to take care of me. They have supported me, helped me always, and made my journey  smooth sailing. Love you all!! The NIBM campus and of course, this city- Pune is really awesome. I love the weather. I love the people. I love the culture. I have grown accustomed to it. And, just this feeling that I have to part my ways with it, makes me feel very sad. Just writing a few lines about my NIBM journey would not be enough. I guess, it requires another post.

5. First Job- One out of all the wonderful things which NIBM has given me, is my very first job in a Private Bank. When you get placed on the very first day of the campus recruitment process, the feeling is very different. I'm very much excited to enter into the corporate world. It is now again a change, a very drastic change in my life. But, I hope this new chapter in my life would be an interesting and fulfilling one.

Cheers to New Life, New Beginnings!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Superb & Lucid writing...Liked a lot
All the very best for the new chapter of your life. Happy Sailing & Have Fun.

Will eagerly wait for your next blog, hope it'll not take again five more years :)

Sevenheaven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sevenheaven said...

Aww...such a touching piece! Thanks a ton for featuring me in the post sweetheart..I am so glad to have induced you to start blogging! Keep it up! Hope you continue this with this spark! Eager to read your future posts..All the best dear :)
Lots of love & luck :)
Shweta Pal

Radhika said...

Thanks a lot Anirban and Shweta!! :) :)