You are my SONIaaa :)



Sonu was her name, but I loved to call her SONI. I have never ever seen such a cute and innocent dog in my life! 

Ya, Sonu was my pet dog...not exactly mine..actually, my cousin's pet, but somehow she was mine.
She was a Pomeranian- twinkling eyes, small demeanor, fragile and a face quite different from other dogs of her breed, so innocent..so lovable! I loved spending time with that little creature - play with her, talk to her, hug her- such a cutie pie she was!
She was my little friend! I used to talk to her and she would quietly listen..giving such expressions that she really understands. I dont know whether she actually understood or not, but I felt very nice after our conversations.She was very quiet in nature and I usually like such kind of dogs who are not ferocious. When I used to call her..Sonii..the way she used to wag her tail & come to me..I just can't ever forget that!  She had a cute basket in which she used to sleep.Whenever I used to go to my Uncle's place  I used to pull the basket,which was placed under the bed & wake her up from her sleep...hug her..n she may not like it all the time..but she never showed her anger or rage. She loved me..just the way i loved her.
Mangoes were her favourite..she used to go crazzzy after seeing them..and we cant forget her cute activities in order to get just one little piece of it! :D 
During Diwalis,she used to get terrified(every dog feels the same bcz of the crackers), & I used to hold her tight and pacify her. I used to treat her like a small baby..

I think I got very much attached to her because I spent a lot of time with that little one. I am very much fond of dogs and always wanted to have a dog at my place but my mother made me understand that its very important to take good care of a dog otherwise we should not bring one home. We went to school and my parents were working, so all day long the dog would have been locked inside the house. I understood her point & agreed. But sometime in my lifetime, I'll definitely keep a dog one day, and take very good care of it. That's one of my wishes!

I believe that dogs are very much like humans..they are sensible & very emotional...that is why they are Man's best friend. They are your true companions...just like Sonu was mine.

I read these lines somewhere, which I believe are very much true. The lines are:
"
A cat thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me...I must be a god. A dog thinks: Hey, those people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me.....They must be gods!"
Sonii is no more with us! It has been 3 yrs now,that she left us..left me!
It was a tragic death! but she has given me really wonderful memories to cherish...
Even today when I go to my uncle's place..I feel like sonu is sitting in her basket under the bed..& waiting for me to wake her up..!!
Wherever you are... be happy always!
I'll always remember you my sweety pie.. :)
I miss you..!! 

2 comments:

itzdevina said...

hey kanu remember taht kurta of mine on which soni used t sit in winters n r away wid that on?luked so cute naa?
n that incident in jhansi wen mummy was slicing aam n she skipped d sheedi to grab a slice????????

Radhika said...

yaa I do remember..ur white n brown kurta na..n mummy ke all tution students used to laugh at her!! :D
n I can neva 4get tht 'AAM' wala incident..!! I still keep on laughing weneva I think abt that..!! She Was a True Mango Lover..!! n also that incident when Papa forced her to eat Tinda n Roti...he kept a slice of mango on top so tht she eats evrything..but how clever she was...she ate the mango n left the rest..hahahaha n we all were laughing..!! :D